Thursday, July 14, 2011

Is this finally what it is going to feel like???

I think I got to day three and my hunch is the worst is behind me. Basically I have two different things going on....one I expected and one I did not.

Like every day before I had milestones....today's was having the wound drain removed....the biggest issue I had with that is that everytime you roll over onto your back...the tubing gets pinned across your back incision....ouch! So I had to stand up to have it taken out....and good thing I could not see what they were doing...probably was not pretty. The drainage tubing came out in two different levels and there was this really strange negative pressure....and I mean DEEP inside of me....it hurt (actually ached) but in a place I have never had pain before....not unbearable....VERY uncomfortable.

Spent a lot of today still fighting off the fever and such...in the morning Dr. Ghiselli came by and asked me if I wanted to go home and I really did not. I felt like hell....like I had the flu....I mentioned this to the nurse and she said "maybe you do". Hmmmmm. Anyway just felt like I did not want to be home without someone like my Mom to help out. Love my boys....they are not very nurse-like. I proceeded to sleep like maybe 18 of the next 24 hours....wiped out....again....not wiped out from the surgery but wiped out like I was fighting flu symptoms....probably will never know.

So really not much else to say about Day 3 other than I tried to get up and walk as much as possible...but I was so tired I would walk and crawl back in bed and sleep. With the fever and sweating....I had a quite a 3 day funk going on...could have taken a shower but I was too tired. I think it was about this time (about 9:00 in the evening) I started thinking...I need to get out of here. A change of scenery would be good for me....get away from all the "unhealthiness" of a hospital and back into the "normalcy" of day to day living....yes by the end of the day I truly felt like I wanted to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment